Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My name is Inigo Montoya

If you have seen the movie "The Princess Bride" you should recognize that line. If not, borrow the movie from the library (free). I mention it because Inigo spends 20 years of his life seeking revenge for his fathers murder. Once he does, he realizes that he does not know what to do with the rest of his life. So the question is.........

Once you are out of debt, what will you do?

I would

1. Buy a new car (my current car is almost 10 years old and is starting to become to expensive to keep)

2. Fully fund my retirement

3. Move out of my mom's house and buy a townhouse

I think that's it. With the student loan I'm carrying I don't think I'll ever be out of debt.

5 comments:

  1. What sort of degree do you have? What is your current occupation? What are your future prospects?

    Don't forget to factor in that your income in the future may be substantially more than it is now. Inconceivable? Nope. (I love "The Princess Bride".)

    You absolutely should be thinking about your big goals once your consumer debt is out of the way. You're obviously getting your ducks in a row. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have 2 degrees. A B.S. in Business Administration and a B.F.A. in Fashion Merchandising. I have a job in my field now but I would love to be a Merchandise Analyst or a Visual Merchandiser on the corporate level. Unfortunately those jobs are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two degrees, that is awesome. You have a great deal going for you.

    Some of us, at nearly 42 years of age, are still toiling away towards our first degree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. It's never to late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Wow, when I get out of debt, I think I would put money towards my first home. I would love to be a home owner by 25 (although I'm sure I will still have student loans at that point) but if I can get everything else out of the way, it may be possible!! =)

    Otherwise I think I would put as much as I can towards different vacations. Travel around the world. That would be fantastic!! =)

    excellent post!!

    and @ momthing: How awesome going back to school!!! I agree that its never to late!! =)

    ReplyDelete