A while back I discussed taking a class to improve my skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop so that I can be more marketable in my field.
I did some research and came up with 3 options.
1. Take a class at the local university
Cost - Illustrator : $190 for intro class and $215 for advanced class
Photoshop : $190 for intro, $205 for intermediate, $215 for advanced 1 and $215 for
Total - $1230
2. Take home course with Penn Foster
Cost - Illustrator: $535
Total - $1273
3. Buy books and teach myself
Cost - $350
Total - $350
This total is if I bought all 6 books I found that I could use to teach myself.
Some of the books are specific to fashion.
There are pros and cons to all 3 options
1. With options 1 and 3 I would need to purchase Photoshop ($700) on top of paying for the classes.
2. With option 1 I would have to pay for the extra gas to drive to the school, parking and I would have to change my work schedule because the classes are during the day.
3. With options 1 and 2 I would probably need to buy some of the above mentioned books because they are specific to fashion.
4. With option 2 once the course is complete I will earn a certificate. With option 2 I would have to take 9 courses to earn a certificate.
The question many of you are probably thinking is
How am I going to pay for any of this?
If I go with option 2 I can pay monthly
If I go with option 3 I can buy one book at a time (I could also buy them cheaper at half.com or Amazon)
What should I do?
Child Care Costs and 2018 Tax Changes
2 months ago